Wednesday 1 June 2011

Should I shouldn't I?

The idea of going to China to teach came like a bolt out of the blue.  I didn't really even know you could do it, until a friend of mine talked to me about it.  She was thinking of doing a TESOL course to get a qualification, but instead I got the bug, encouraged my husband, and we both got fully accredited TESOL qualifications, applied for a job and got it without any problem.  We really knew very little about the country, so it was all totally new, and really nothing prepares you for the huge cultural changes you encounter when you go.

If you are thinking of going, or even just thinking of getting some qualifications, come on board, put up a post and maybe I can be of help to you.

If you have been overseas teaching, and you have some encouragement, information, tips or other experiences you would like to share, then come on board.

Over the next few weeks I will build this into a blog with much of the information you will  need, such things as travel in China, accommodation in a school or separate, shopping, visa's, getting a job, using recruitment agencies, personal safety in China etc.  It will give you a good overview of teaching life.  I will also include links that might be useful for you.  If you have any queries, come on board and I will try and help you out.

If you want the experience of a lifetime, give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment